Most men think that belt is just an accessory to hold the pants at the place. But many stylists will disagree with this notion. The belt is a very important part of an outfit that enhances the look and is a statement in itself. Thus, keeping in mind a belt’s importance, one should know about the various styles, categories, and also, how to buy the perfect sports waist belt.
Beltand buckle styles
- Leather-backed ribbons- They come in bright colors which are more suitable for casual wear. The belt style pairs greatly with boat shoes for sailing activities.
- Leather- This style is best for formal looks. But, since they come in different shades, one should carefully pick the shade and color that fits the formal event.
- Vinyl- This style is made for the younger crowd. Adding this style to the outfit will give a more rocker aesthetics. They are also cheap compared to other belt styles.
- Canvas- It is mostly paired with uniforms. The style is very simple that only emphasizes its functionality.
- Box frame- The buckle is like a hollow box with a peg in it that keeps the belt in place. This bouclé does not require any holes.
- Frame style- This is the basic rectangular shaped formal style belt buckle.
- D-ring-There are 1 or 2 rings that form the buckle. As for the belt, it is fastened and tightened by threading through the rings. Suitable for a casual look.
Categories of belts
Casual belts can have a leather style just like formal belts but with many colors and styles. It is around 1.5 to 2 inches wide. Because, of the large color and style range, it can be used with many outfits that enhance the overall casual look.
The dress belts are best for formal occasions. It is made out of leather and, the width should not exceed 1.5 inches, as more that this will give a casual look. The length of the belt should be enough to complete one circle and go through one loop only.
These kinds of belts give the user options using both sides. All one needs to do is pull the buckle and then twist it to face the other side. Usually, this category of the belt comes in brown and black sides.
Even if a sports waist belt is not the most important clothing item, but one should still consider some things while buying it such as:
- Check to see if the belt is brittle as this may create cracks on it.
- Stitched or snapped buckle, as it determines the cost of the belt. The stitching on leather belts also affects the cost price.
- One should also consider the color and style of their shoes, pants, and watches before buying or pairing a belt.
The whole trend of belts started as an easy alternative to the suspenders. But with time, belts became more popular and were used to give style statements. Thus, belts are not just to support pants but also symbols of status and style.