There are many investment options, but stocks are one of the safest investment options because stocks provide the highest potential return and, compared to the long term, there is no other type of investment that tends to perform better.
- Malaysia is an attractive investment destination as Malaysia’s economy is moving in the right direction. Malaysia is a mature emerging market with a solid economic base and developed market infrastructure, which makes trade an advantage.
- If we look at the facts and figures above, Malaysia’s gross national income has increased by more than 50 percent since 2009. In 2020 alone, it is estimated to have increased by a very good 9.1 percent to RM 1.3 trillion. Malaysia’s GDP growth recovered from a 1.7 percent contraction in 2009 to a very positive 5.9 percent in 2021.
- If we talk about the capitalization of Malaysia, which increased by 187 percent, and in the previous year, in 2020, the inflow of net foreign funds amounted to 10.8 billion Ringgit, which is the highest figure since 2012. Since 2009, FBM KLCI has increased with 105 percent.
- Like Bursa Malaysia shares, Malaysia’s Islamic capital market for sukuk is the largest in the world, increasing 11.9 percent to MYR 1.9 trillion. New corporate bonds and the issuance of sukuk will have 1.2 billion, while, on the other hand, the bond and sukuk market in Malaysia will grow to 1.28 trillion ringgit.
- Malaysia’s currency, the ringgit, gained 10.4 percent against the US dollar in 2020 and hit a 17-month high on January 5, 2021, breaking a psychological barrier of four dollars.
6 According to https://optionbrokers.org/reviews/online-trading-malaysia, in recent years, many global companies have shown interest in the Malaysian market as HSBC invested RM1 billion to build its future regional headquarters at Tun Razak Exchange. In addition, HSBC, Huawei, which serves more than a third of the world’s population, has opened its global operations headquarters in Malaysia, a RM2.2 billion project. Saudi Aramco has made the largest refining investment in the Petronas integrated petrochemical and refining facility in Johor.
- The list of investors is as long as that of Malaysian chips company BLue, Sime Darby Plantation is the world’s largest producer of certified organic palm oil. Top Glove is the world’s largest glove manufacturer. And AirAsia is the best low cost airline in the world.
8 It ranks third in terms of investor protection from 137 countries in the World Economic Forum’s 2019–2020 Malaysia Global Competitiveness Index.
- The University of Pennsylvania awarded Malaysia with its laurels as “Best Country for Investment”.
- The World Bank confirmed that Malaysia’s economy will grow from a position of strength in the coming years and is expected to achieve high-income status.